The Construction Industry Scheme sets out special tax rules for contractors and subcontractors working in the construction industry.
As a contractor you must perform specific tasks under the scheme, including registering with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), checking that your subcontractors are registered with HMRC, paying subcontractors, deducting tax and submitting monthly statements confirming these payments. As a contractor we can help you with the following:
- register you with HMRC as a contractor
- verify your subcontractors with HMRC
- ensure you pay your subcontractors correctly within the scheme
- supply deduction statements to the subcontractors
- keep your records in good order and supply HMRC with monthly returns
- prepare and submit your CIS annual return to HMRC
- prepare your accounts and tax return
- calculate your tax due and inform and remind you of the liability and due date
If you would like a free meeting to discover what we can do to grow your business and save you tax, contact us. We'll be happy to talk and give you a great value competitive quote.